Dear SAP Consultants,
After almost two years of development (some months nothing at all), I am proud to announce the next version of Basico, an SAP Notes manager for SAP Consultants.
Please, keep reading to get an overview of all the new features in this version. A lot of improvements has been done since the previous release.
Choose a view to see how your SAP Notes are categorized:
- By Collections
- By Component
- By Component description
- By Category
- By Priority
- By Type
Working with views
- Manage your collections
- Copy selected SAP Notes to the clipboard
- Export SAP Notes to different formats
- Import a full backup (with annotations) or just SAP Notes and linked collections.
- Link selected SAP Notes to collections
- Bookmark selected SAP Notes
- Delete selected SAP Notes
Working with SAP Notes
- Add annotations to any SAP Note
- Browse SAP Note
- See (and download) SAP Notes as PDF
- Bookmark SAP Note
- Copy selected SAP Note to the clipboard
- Link SAP Note to one or more custom collections
- Delete SAP Note
You can create an annotation linked to an SAP Note or independent.
In this version, annotations can be added to categories (think on it like folders –Inbox, Drafts or Archived-). You can assign a priority (High, Normal or Low) and also specify the type of the annotation (Bookmark, Email, Fixme, Incident, Meeting, Note, Procedure, Snippet, Template or ToDo).
- Backup all databases (SAP Notes and Collections)
- Restore backup (it can be a whole backup or just a file with some SAP Notes from another fellow)
- Event viewer (check all events since you installed the program (debug info is kept only during one execution)
- Check the “About” section to contact me or see the license :)
Watch a demo to get an idea of its capabilities:
Installation / Upgrade
For Linux systems just type the following (you don’t need to be root except if some GTK library are missing):
pip3 install --upgrade basico --user
For Windows, follow instructions in this post.
Please, take into account that this release might be the last one supporting Windows. The main reason is the lack of libraries for this platform.
My advice is to install any ISO image of a modern Linux distribution like Ubuntu. In this way, the installation process will be very easy.
If you want to contact me for any question, do not hesitate to send me an email
Special thanks to all of you sharing your ideas and code.